Are there any materials more iconic than Carbon Fiber? Protoplant first introduced Carbon Fiber PLA 3D printer filament to market more than 5 years ago, kickstarting the Proto-pasta brand. What started as a search for functional superiority led to the discovery of what still may be the most sought-after finish in 3D Printing.
Fast forward 5 years to now and you'll find an increasing number of filament options in Carbon Fiber with plenty of confusing claims. So how do you choose a Carbon Fiber filament? Well, if you're shopping based on price, want that iconic Carbon Fiber finish, and PLA properties are adequate, you'll still enjoy our original Carbon Fiber PLA, celebrating it's 5th anniversary.
Looking to elevate finish and function beyond the original? Carbon Fiber HTPLA is now available in shades of gray for rigid parts up to 160 deg C (320 deg F) after heat treating. Enjoy top quality, professional finish and performance for accurate parts in demanding applications. More below...
As part of this expanded Carbon Fiber HTPLA offering, we've prepared more supporting information to improve your understanding and bring you greater success with Carbon Fiber HTPLA.
- Learn how to tune your Prusa MK3 or other printer for improved reliability when printing with Carbon Fiber HTPLA.
- Don't fear nozzle wear and find out how to see and adapt to printer wear from Carbon Fiber or other abrasive filaments.
- Impress your boss and bros when you unlock new applications through heat treating HTPLA for twice the heat resistance of PETG.
- See how we used Proto-pasta Carbon Fiber to replace machined parts on our filament tensile tester, saving time and money.
- Using Heat Treated Carbon Fiber HTPLA for the Prusa MK3 R3 Extruder Assembly.