Easy upgrade for trouble-free printing of hard composites!
Our Plated Brass Wear Resistant Nozzles are made from brass for good thermal conductivity and plated with an extremely hard, but lubricative coating. The coating increases the life of the nozzle significantly. Here are some test results in our blog entry. We have yet to wear out a nozzle! With normal brass nozzles noticeable wear can occur after as little as 500g of Stainless Steel material.
Currently available in:
1. MK8 Style (M6 Threads compatible with most Makerbot style machines including the Replicator 1, 2, 2x, 5th gen, Mini & Z18) in 0.4mm & 0.6mm diameter orifices for 1.75mm filament only.
2. MK10 Style (M7 Threads for newer Flash-Forge, Dremel & Wanhao) in 0.4mm & 0.6mm diameter orifices - 1.75mm filament only.
3. Modified MK8 RepRap Style (M6 Threads compatible with E3D (including BigBox), Hexagon (newer Lulzbot & Robo3D) & Ultimakers (2+ or upgraded with an Olsson block). Available in 0.4mm, 0.6mm & 0.8mm diameter orifices for 1.75mm & 2.85mm filament.
4. Printrbot Ubis 12 Style (for all Printrbots w/o all metal upgrade) in 0.4mm & 0.6mm diameter orifices for 1.75mm filament only.
5. Afinia/UP!/Zortrax Style in 0.4mm for 1.75mm filament only.
Larger diameters require more parameter modification, but have slightly more consistent extrusion & increased life over 0.4mm.
Custom manufactured for ProtoPlant, makers of Proto-pasta in the USA by Micro Swiss.