New to metal finishing? Here's some help getting started!
Interested in Proto-pasta Stainless Steel PLA, but need help polishing? Explore polishing flat surfaces with polishing paper or curved surfaces with your bench grinder, drill, or rotary tool.
Here is what we include in the kit:
- 3D Printed Stainless Steel PLA ring for practice
- 1-lb (450g) of Fabulustre Polishing Compound
- 4" loose muslin cloth wheel for drill or bench grinder
- 0.25" (6.5mm) diameter shaft arbor (for 4" wheel)
- 2.4mm shaft cotton buff (for rotary tool)
- 4"x5" (100mmx125mm) sheets of 400-8000 grit polishing paper
• 600-grit (gray)
• 1,200-grit (blue)
• 4,000-grit (pink)
• 6,000-grit (teal)
• 8,000-grit (white)
No power tools are included and compatibility with an specific model is not guaranteed. Please experiment safely!
Here are a couple demonstration videos: